Quick Method For Changing Default Download Directory in Google Chrome.
You can choose a location on your computer where downloads should be saved by default or pick a specific destination for each download.
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar. Mac users: If you don't see the wrench icon, go to the menu bar at the top of your screen and click Chrome.
- Select Options (Preferences on a Mac).
- Click the Under the Hood tab and scroll down to the "Downloads" section.
- To change the default download location, click Browse and select where you'd like your files to be saved.
- If you'd rather choose a specific location for each download, select the "Ask where to save each file before downloading" checkbox.
- Click Close when you're done, if you're using Windows or Linux.
Default download locations
If you didn't change your default download location, then Google Chrome downloads files to the following locations:
- Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Downloads
- Windows Vista: \Users\<username>\Downloads
- Mac: /Users/<username>/Downloads
- Linux: home\<username>\Downloads