TransMac is a Windows program that can copy files to and from Macintosh disks. Most disk types are supported including diskettes, CD-ROM, hard drives, and most removable media. Features include file type mapping, HFS+ read support, search by type, creator, or extension, read Mac multisession CDs, read and write disk images, create Mac CD volume files that can be written using external CDR writing software.
- Read and write Mac format CDs, DVDs, hard drives, high density floppy diskettes and most removable drives.
- Supports most drive interface types including USB, IDE, ATAPI, FireWire (IEEE1394), SCSI, etc.
- Supports both standard HFS (Mac OS Standard) and HFS+/HFSX (Mac OS Extended and case sensitive) format disks.
- Copy, rename and delete files and folders.
- Create Mac format CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, etc.
- Burn disk image files (dmg, img, iso, image).
- Format disks for use on Mac.
- Search Mac disks for specific files by type, creator or extension.
- Read Mac multisession and hybrid CDs.
- Automatic file type/extension mapping between platforms.
- Open and preview Mac and PC files directly from TransMac.
- Display and change Mac type and creator information.
- Create and open file based Mac volume images including most dmg compressed images.
- Save and restore images of entire disks.
Limitations: TransMac will run for 15 days from installation to allow user evaluation. After that a license key must be purchased and entered to allow continued use.