Clean Your Mac easily with Black Hole.
Black Hole is a free and very powerful app that will allow you to clear sensitive information from your Mac with a single click. Black Hole helps you automate many operations such as quitting applications, emptying the Trash, removing recent items from application menus, and more.
Features of “Black Hole”:
· Black Hole can quit any number of applications with a single click on the “Clean” button. If an application fails to quit after a set amount of time, Black Hole can force quit it for you.
Clearing Recent Items:
· Using this option you can clear recent items from the File > Open Recent menu of most applications. Black Hole comes with a default set of rules, or you can create your own.
Emptying the Trash:
· Emptying the trash is a matter of seconds, even if the files inside it are locked.
· Black Hole is able to unmount volumes from your Mac, be it a Mac or Windows share, a USB key, an external hard drive, or a mounted disk image file (.dmg and others). This can be very useful if you store confidential information in encrypted disk images, for example.
Clearing the Clipboard:
· The clipboard can be cleared without question or only if some keywords are found within it.
Deleting Files and Folders:
· Black Hole can delete files and folders for you, bypassing the Trash. There are several options for configuring exactly what files to remove according to your needs.
Closing Safari Tabs and Windows:
· Safari tabs and windows can be closed without question, or only if their titles contain one or more keyword(s).